MapmyIndia eloc is a simple, standardized and precise pan-India digital address system. Every location has been assigned a unique digital address or an eLoc. The eLoc API can be used to extract the details of a place with the help of its eLoc i.e. a 6 digit code or a place_id.
- Basic URL structure:
- Output:The output format would be JSON.
- HTTP Request Method:GET
The following input parameters will be supported in the place details API request –
- place_id: the id or eLoc of the place whose details are required. The 6-digit alphanumeric
code for any location. (e.g. mmi000).
- Licence_key: the REST API licence key allocated to you by signing into our services and
registering yourself as a developer (28 Char Alphanumeric).
- region (string): it takes in the country code. LKA, IND, BTN, BGD, NPL for Sri-Lanka, India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Nepal respectively. Default is India (IND)
The place details API will return an enveloped response in the results object which will be a collection containing a single item. The following output parameters will be supported in the place details API response
- responseCode (int): The response code of the operation. The 400 series is for client side (yours) error while 500 series for server side (ours) error, 200 for success.
- version (string): The version of the API you’re connected to.
- results (object[ ]): a collection containing a single object of details of a location matching the provided eLoc. The contains the following properties:
- houseNumber (string): The house number of the location.
- houseName (string): The name of the location.
- poi (string): The name of the POI if the location is a place of interest (POI).
- street (string): The name of the street of the location.
- subSubLocality (string): The name of the sub-sub-locality where the location exists.
- subLocality (string): The name of the sub-locality where the location exists.
- locality (string): The name of the locality where the location exists.
- village (string): The name of the village if the location exists in a village.
- district (string): The name of the district in which the location exists.
- subDistrict (string): The name of the sub-district in which the location exists.
- city (string): The name of the city in which the location exists.
- state (string): The name of the state in which the location exists.
- pincode (string): The pin code of the location area.
- latitude (double): The latitude of the location.
- longitude (double): The longitude of the location.
- place_id (string): The eLoc or placeId assigned for a place in map database. An eLoc is the digital identity for an address or business to identify its unique location. For more information on eLoc, click here.
- type (string): defines the type of location matched (HOUSE_NUMBER, HOUSE_NAME, POI, STREET, SUB_LOCALITY, LOCALITY, VILLAGE, DISTRICT, SUB_DISTRICT, CITY, STATE, SUBSUBLOCALITY, PINCODE)
The place details API must respond within 100 Ms under all circumstances on a stable internet connection although on an unstable one, response times may vary.
One request using the API link will be considered as one transaction.
- To get details of a search result that was not the first result in the search results of the Autosuggest API.
- To get details of a search result that was not the first result in the search results of the Geocode API.
- To get the details of a location by providing it’s eLoc or place Id.
"houseName": "ICICI ATM",
"street": "ICICI ATM",
"locality": "Jasola Vihar",
"district": "South District",
"city": "New Delhi",